SPARC uses the Pennsieve platform to store data and metadata files as well as append additional metadata. All SPARC researchers must thus share their data on Pennsieve. When using SODA for the first time, you will have to connect your Pennsieve account with SODA to use Pennsieve related functionalities implemented in SODA.
SODA will automatically check and see if you have an associated account with Pennsieve when you open the application. If we find an account on your system (i.e you have used SODA or the Pennsieve Agent previously) you should be all set. If an account is not found you can use your Pennsieve login details and allow SODA to retrieve the necessary information to connect to your Pennsieve account.
- Click on any features (e.g. Create a new dataset) under
- Click on the edit symbol next to Current account.
- Fill in your Pennsieve Email Address and Password and click
Connect to Pennsieve
- During subsequent uses, SODA will automatically connect to the Pennsieve account you were connected to the last time.
- Neither the SODA Team nor anyone else besides you will have access to your Pennsieve account. The generated login information required for future sessions on your Pennsieve account will be stored locally on your computer only.
If you do not wish to provide your Pennsieve login details to SODA, you can create a set of API keys on Pennsieve and provide it to SODA. Click this section to learn more.
Some features of SODA might not work if you add your API keys to SODA in this method. We recommend that you use the username/password entry method to guarantee that only the relevant information needed for SODA is used.
- In the new pop-up window click on
I want to connect with an API key insteadat the bottom of the pop-up.
- Follow the instructions on the Pennsieve help page to get a API key, and API secret from your Pennsieve account. Make sure you are under the
SPARC Consortiumorganization on Pennsieve when you generate the API key and secret. Also set your Key name to
- Enter your API key, API secret and
SODA-Pennsievefor your Key name in the corresponding fields then click on